Sunday, March 26, 2006

Obligatory movies

Today Steve was flipping between golf and basketball in my studio while I was making jewelry. During one flip I heard "Jester" and the sound of jet engines for about a second and a half before he flipped past it and I squealed for him to stop, knowing exactly what he had just done. Top Gun is an obligatory movie, meaning if it's on TV you have to watch it. It doesn't even have to be worth renting, but it's such a classic you are obligated to watch at least until the next commercial break. Case in point, Steve is now (obligatorily) watching Harry Potter because it's on (and the golf and hoops are over). "Not leviosum, leviosahhh." Examples of obligatory movies are Shawshank Redemption, Dirty Dancing, A Few Good Men, The Princess Bride, Forrest Gump, and anything with the Brat Pack.

I probably won't get a chance to scan and post every piece of jewelry I make in the next month because things are selling before I get the chance. I'll try to get some new stuff posted to keep things interesting for those of you who don't live near stores that carry my work and want to see the new Spring pretties.

No comments: