Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Busy weekend

The Lapidary Journal's Jewelry Arts Expo was this past weekend in Fort Washington, PA. In addition to feeding my addiction to buying lampwork beads, I took an all-day PMC ring class with Celie Fago on Saturday and a wire pendant class with Connie Fox on Sunday (pictured). It was my first time learning in person from industry celebrities, and a lot of fun to be the student in a class instead of the instructor. I didn't quite finish my projects in class, so I'll post pictures when I get back to my bench.

After class on Sunday, Steve, Riley and I drove up to Boston for business: he was visiting clients and I was buying beads. Our hotel in Cambridge overlooked Boston and the Charles River, offered huge down pillows, and allowed pets - great spot to stay. On rainy Monday morning we watched rowing crews and scullers on the river (pictured), and I now realize just how many groups use this water to train. Driving home yesterday was like driving forward in time because we were heading south, where spring had already sprung. One of my favorites is seeing white dogwoods with their greenish bracts just beginning to unfurl.

No comments: