Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Special orders

Part of the challenge of what I do is making custom pieces. I try to fill the customer's wishes while keeping it my own style. This one was somewhat of a departure for me, working all in copper and trying to match a particular pair of earrings. Surprises are tough because then I don't get to ask the recipient what she would like. This one was tough to get excited about, but now that it's finished I love it, especially the (gently domed) Swedish pennies.









Other special orders are right down my alley. For this piece my customer saw my wire link and lampwork bracelets and asked if I could do a necklace in the same style, but all in silver so she could wear it with anything. Why hadn't I ever thought of that?! I couldn't make this one fast enough; couldn't wait to see the finished product.

No comments: