Wednesday, August 15, 2007

I found my grill

I love panini sandwiches (grilled cheese for big people) and am always looking for interesting things to eat for lunch. How am I to have Frontega Chicken Sandwiches now? There's no Panera in town, or SFO or SaladWorks for that matter. And what better way to use rotisserie chicken leftovers than DIY paninis?

Oh, and I should mention that my friend got a panini press on clearance from the Williams-Sonoma outlet. So I had to have one. I found a Culinart GR-4 Griddler on eBay over the weekend. It has a temperature control and removable plates (grill/griddle), so I'm hoping we'll also use it for pancakes and winter grilling.

Steve has been making wonderful things with the gas grill this summer, including Raspberry-Chipotle Pork Tenderloin and grilled peach halves. Just thought I'd publicly say, "You go, boy!"