Sunday, August 19, 2007

Paninis

My mother never cooked dinner on Sunday nights. We'd usually eat out for lunch and then have apples and popcorn while watching the Disney movie, giving Mom a much-needed day off. Steve's mom took Sundays off as well, and upon learning that I took it as permission to carry on the tradition.

But exceptions can be made! I couldn't wait to try out the new panini grill. Today for lunch we had gyros at the Greek festival, so finally tonight we fired up the new grill. All we had available was pita bread, but we did have a fresh rotisserie chicken (I can't say enough good things about those). Steve's panini had chicken, cheddar, and BBQ sauce, and mine had chicken, mozzarella, and tomato. I am very pleased, and can't wait to try things from the recipe book like grilled bananas.