Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Catching up

No matter how much work I do when I'm gone, I'm always greeted with a load of tasks upon return. It's a good thing for me to be busy, but I don't take it well.

Today I took a break and got my hair cut for the first time in a year and a half. I wasn't intentionally growing it out, just hadn't gotten around to cutting it. I think it was the longest I'd ever had it, which says a lot because I have curly hair that springs up. My hairdresser shared that she's surprised (and a little hurt I think) when her clients tell her they don't care how she styles it at the end; they're going to go home and wash it anyway. I chuckled thinking, "How hard will it be for her to stick some product in my hair, scrunch it, and send me out the door?" And yet I did have to go home and start over.

I totally forgot my friend's birthday. I felt even worse when I apologized and she said, "Yeah, everybody forgot my birthday." Ugh! I am a horrible friend, and I'm telling you this as a PSA. Don't be my friend if you want me to remember your birthday (especially when it's at the beginning of the month because I don't turn over my calendar until about the 3rd).