Wednesday, January 09, 2008

30, Flirty, and Thriving

Sorry for the downtime; I've been busy!

Bowling on Friday (pictured) was a blast with 17 people from Cornerstone. We had the final Redskins party for the season on Saturday (and Steve made awesome chili & cornbread). Kristin, my friend from college, came up from Richmond on Saturday and Sunday.

On Monday a couple friends and I Metro-ed to the Corcoran Gallery of Art for the Annie Leibovitz and Ansel Adams exhibits. My favorite pictures were of Leo and the swan and anything featuring aspens. I came home just in time to have my favorite meal at Mom & Dad's house: waffles from scratch, sausage, and Waldorf salad.

Yesterday was my 30th birthday (hence the waffles) so I went shopping in Northern VA with my friend Debora. Steve gave me a beautiful oval peridot set in an antique-style filigree pendant (which matches my favorite ring) and took me out for crab cakes. I'm excited about being 30; I still feel like I have my whole life in front of me, plus it sounds cooler than 29.