Thursday, February 28, 2008

Progress Report

I feel like we're in the homestretch of this bathroom project. The tile is going down today and tomorrow, then baseboard and painting and they're done. I think. I haven't had to set my alarm clock for weeks; the doorbell rings first thing every morning. The construction paper protecting our floors is wearing thin. I feel like I'm trapped in my own home, unable to run errands until the guys leave. But, so far we're on schedule and it looks great.

We went with a cocoa colored tile on the floor in two different sizes (2x2s in the shower = more grout = more traction), and a sand colored tile on the wall. Yes, they look identical in the picture. I'm still trying to decide what color to paint the walls. Steve said he doesn't care as long as it's not brown, which of course made me want to use brown. I think I've narrowed it down to gray-aqua or celadon, nothing too dramatic.

No comments: