Thursday, July 10, 2008

Iced Latte

I like to make iced lattes with the Italian espresso maker my Mom scored for a quarter at a yard sale. We now have a 4-shot one as well (for Those Days or to share with somebody). No measuring, just fill the bottom with water, fill the basket with grounds, and stick on the stovetop for a few minutes to let it brew. Then I fill a glass with ice, pour espresso over top, and top off with half-n-half. (Okay actually I pour the espresso and cream at the same time because it looks cool).

One thing I love about putting cream in coffee is watching it swirl together. Makes me want to make glass beads with this effect (I know, I have a sickness - can't even have a latte without thinking of beads). So I'll tell you that I kicked coffee, but really I just cut out the morning cuppa joe so days like today a cup can do in the place of a nap.

That there is our first ripe tomato of the season, a SuperSweet 100.

No comments: