Monday, December 15, 2008

Love logo

I'm still here, working hard in my workshop to finalize Christmas orders without the help of elves and with the baby's due date looming on the horizon. But sometimes I get such creative requests for custom orders that I just have to tell you about them.

A gentleman in Oslo found me on the internet and inquired about having custom jewelry made from a heart design he has created using his girlfriend's initials (VB). After reviewing the options he commissioned me to make two different pendants out of his love logo.

I made the first pendant from PMC using a custom texture sheet. Having a tile shape for a background and a rustic finish, it is kind of a casual look so we decided to put it on a chocolate brown leather cord.


For the next pendant I cut three pieces of sterling silver wire, beveled and filed the ends, and soldered them together. Then I hung it slider-style on a box chain for a more delicate look.

These pieces are on their way to Norway and hopefully VB doesn't read my blog before Christmas.

I think my client should pitch the logo to the Beckhams now.

No comments: