Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Two New Tutorials

Custom Texture Sheets for Metal Clay or Polymer Clay

Remember this custom pendant I created from a wedding invitation?  Now you can make your own raised monograms, or you can type out a phrase in a pretty font to use again and again instead of stamping each letter individually.  Like this.



Vertebraid Bangle
This is a square/round (as opposed to flat) braid created with doubled strands of fine-gauge wire.  It makes an interesting base for sliders or Pandora beads.  Click here for the tutorial.

I had this braid sitting on my desk all summer; I'd pick it up and work on it when my computer was busy processing so I don't really know how long it took me to braid. I think it takes less time than Viking Weave, but then again it depends on your proficiency at each.

Enjoy these new projects!

No comments: