Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Bead Table Wednesday

I'm not very good at telling you guys what's new in my studio, but it happens to be Wednesday and I have seen other jewelry artists participate in this, so I thought it would be fun to post about what's on my bead table today.



Trying to stockpile pieces for fall, I'm working in series rather than my usual, "make what I feel like making today."  The current series is (begrudgingly) utilizing my stash of Koy Glass lampwork beads.  Some of the donuts have rather large holes, and usually this doesn't bother me because I stick a bead cap over it or a bead in the hole and it looks more polished.  But donuts are worn with the hole showing, so I chose to line them with silver or copper tubing, which I get in the plumbing department at Lowes.


This is one of several "bead tables" in my studio, so maybe another Wednesday I will show you the organized chaos of my real bead table.  Here are the copper-lined big-hole-beads I did today.


And with all the tap-tap-tapping I woke up my studio partner, who was napping across the hall.  So I put her to work stringing beads.  Here is her bead table.


What's on your table?

2 comments:

Pretty Things said...

Oh my gosh, thank you for sharing this! I've wondered what the heck to do to make these beads look better!

Sharyl said...

Is that you in the last photo? Why you are "cute as a button!" ;-)

Great post and adorable photo!