Wednesday, September 24, 2008

The Lazy

A recurring joke of mine is that I'm going to come up with a series of books for people who are too busy/lazy/easily distracted to do things the traditional way. They'd all be entitled "The Lazy [enter specialty here]"

Book number one would be The Lazy Metalsmith. The projects could be completed in an hour or less with a minimal amount of tools. I actually worked on this idea with my friend Cheryl, who has an actual degree in jewelry design from Tyler. I was thinking she'd lend credibility and devil's advocacy to the project. We sat and drank margaritas one night, hammering out (ha! no pun intended) projects for the book. We started to research publishers. And then we never did anything more with it; I don't even know where my notes are.


A symptom of The Lazy is not finishing big projects. That is why I do better with a smaller scale, like writing tutorials. So, I am pleased to announce that my first PMC tutorial, the Lentil Bead, is now available on my Kits & Tutorials page.

No comments: