Thursday, October 05, 2006

Pumpkin Spice

I notice food trends, like Buffalo wing sauce a few years ago and fish tacos lately. One trend I'm totally on board with is Pumpkin Spice Everything in the fall. Some things actually have pumpkin in them, like Cheesecake Factory's pumpkin cheesecake, and other stuff just has spices like cinnamon and nutmeg. Today I had coffee with my friend Melissa and her daughter, so I took the opportunity to have yet another pumpkin spice latte and some pumpkin bread with cream cheese icing. Yesterday I had a pumpkin spice donut with my pumpkin spice latte. Sadly, the Ice Cream Corral down the street closed for the season before I got to have pumpkin custard. Last night (for dinner) I had a pumpkin spice muffin with cream cheese, and I'm thinking about making pumpkin bars again this year. Delaware's own Dogfish Head Brewery even offers a Punkin' Ale. I don't think I'll wear this out because it's a seasonal thing and I'm ready for it again by the time I've worn out iced coffee over the summer.

No comments: