Saturday, March 16, 2013

Since Fall

Hi again!  It has been a while since I updated this so thanks for your patience.  It's not because all my free time is spent on Pinterest, I promise.

Starting in September I rented studio space downtown close to where my kids go to preschool.  It was glorious being able to drop them off and then walk to work, making jewelry for hours on end without the distraction of the computer or housework (ahem) until my alarm told me to go back and pick the kids up.  I showed you a little of my Sonoma line, and after that I did a grouping with Swarovski-set components (like this focal) as part of my Facets collection.


I am still working with colored stone briolettes for my Facets collection as well, and I hated to see this pair of cluster earrings go...

Purple, pink, and orange!

Also I can't get enough of those big honkin' Chinese crystals, so I did some long necklaces and wire rings featuring those for the holiday season.



But after Christmas change was in the air.  The pedestrian mall was torn up for an infrastructure upgrade and facelift, and it has been interesting to watch all the work going on just outside my studio.

Cutting down "my" tree, piece by piece

Along my commute

I decided not to renew my lease downtown after my spring collection was delivered to the shop, but instead move my tools back home again (for now).

Goodbye, studio
It actually isn't because of the construction. This is the time of year when I get to focus on other things!  For example, my jewelry friend Judy and I recently played with CopprClay, a copper version of PMC that will likely be paired with turquoise in my Sonoma collection in the fall.

I love the torched patina on the left one

No comments: